If you haven’t noticed already, I love healthy pancakes! With the Pumpkin Spice and Blueberry Protein Pancakes, this makes the third pancake recipe for Happily Pink. The keyword in these Sweet Potato Pancakes is paleo. Also you can’t get easier than mixing two eggs with sweet potatoes.
I love consuming these delicious pancakes before an intense workout because of the carbs. With my triathlon training I’ve increased my calorie intake but maintained a diet of only nutritious food. Just how beneficial are sweet potatoes? Check it out!
Sweet Potato Benefits
- Complex Carb: Helps with maintaining a consistent energy level throughout the day, versus a refined carb. They take longer to digest and aren’t stored immediately as fat when not used.
- Vitamin C: In addition to warding off colds it also produces collagen to maintain a younger-looking appearance. There is also research proving it protects the body from toxins linked with cancer.
- Vitamin D: Builds the strong build strong bones and create positive energy levels. It also supports the thyroid gland.
- Vitamin B6: Reduces homocysteine, a chemical linked to heart-disease.
- Potassium: An important electrolyte that regulates the nerve signals and heartbeat.
- Magnesium: An anti-stress and relaxation mineral.
Now that you know just how healthy and beneficial a sweet potato is for you, scroll down to the recipe!
Sweet Potato Pancakes (1 serving of 7 small pancakes)
- 1/2 (or 1 Medium) Large Sweet Potato
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Cooking Oil or Spray
- Heat up the sweet potato in the oven or microwave.
Oven: 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25min.
Microwave: Wrap in plastic wrap or place in paper bag and heat for 4-5min.
- Thoroughly mash the potatoes.
- Add two eggs, followed by dry ingredients.
- Coat pan with cooking oil or spray. Then turn stove on to low heat.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of mix onto pan and cook each side for 2-3min, or until slightly brown.
- Garnish with fresh fruit, cinnamon, and/or walnuts. I would also recommend drizzling this with honey (my choice) or agave nectar. Enjoy!!
Let me know what you think of these sweet potato pancakes! ♡