Chia pudding is an easy and healthy recipe to use any time of the day! I’ve used it anywhere for a breakfast to a supplement for my lunch to a dessert after dinner. So what makes this superfood “super”?
Check out some of these amazing abilities found in chia seeds:
- Protein: builds muscle and bones, and prevents snacking.
- Fiber: prevents snacking and keeps the stomach full.
- Soluble fiber: functions as a prebiotic to support the growth of the stomach’s probiotics.
- Antioxidants: one of nature’s most powerful antioxidant is the chia seed.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: contains more Omega-3 fatty acids than salmon.
- Calcium: contains 18% of the recommended daily amount of calcium.
Scroll down for this super-easy chia pudding recipe!
Chia Pudding (serving size: 2)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 4 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
- Optional Toppings:
- Fresh Berries
- Shredded Coconut
- Cacao Nibs
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Place into two 4oz mason jars, or one 8oz tupperware to divide into 4oz glasses the next day.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- If in mason jar, simply place your favorite toppings on top. If in the 8oz tupperware, use a spoon to divide the pudding amongst the two 4oz glasses, then do toppings. I like to keep mine simple with a tablespoon of mixed berries, but have fun and experiment with some of your favorite fruits. You can also stir in toppings after the pudding is fully refrigerated.
- Enjoy, and stay healthy!