With my friends visiting from Australia and being avid tea drinkers, I wanted them to experience afternoon tea in New York at Bergdorf Goodman’s BG Restaurant. One of my good friends from New York, Jill, also joined in on the experience.
After having a mini photoshoot in Central Park, we headed over to Bergdorfs. The dining area was comfortable and welcoming with lovely decor. The afternoon tea service included a selection of fine teas from Dammann Frères.
From the tiered trays, the salmon with caviar and lemon meringue tartlet were the best. The scones were also delicious, served with devonshire cream and my favorite imported preserves from France, Bon Maman. We left surprisingly full and happy!
What you need to know…
- I booked our reservation about two weeks before because I know Christmas season is crazy in New York!
- During the rest of the year, book at least a week out since Bergdorfs is located in a busy area of Manhattan.
- Afternoon tea is available from 3–5:00pm.
- I wouldn’t recommend this for a group larger than six, unless you plan to host a private event.
- Even though the food is mostly small bites and desserts, don’t eat something right before. You want to savor every bite.
- Enjoy your afternoon tea experience!