About a year ago I stumbled across this oatmeal cottage cheese pancake recipe from one of my favorite health bloggers, Ambitious Kitchen. These delicious under-300-calories pancakes are to die for. Did I mention they’re 20g of protein and gluten-free?
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Medium Banana
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Pint of Blueberries, Fresh or Frozen
- Cooking Spray or Coconut Oil
- Aside from the blueberries, blend all of the ingredients.
- Spray coconut/cooking oil to coat a medium pan and heat on medium-low heat.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to pour batter onto the pan.
- Sprinkle with blueberries immediately after.
- As bubbles appear in the batter, flip over the pancake to reveal a golden-brown pancake. If unsure if the pancake is ready, use a spatula to slowly lift the pancake and take a peek. If pancake surface is burning, then turn down the heat to low.
- Clean pan with a paper towel and repeat four times to leave yourself with five delicious pancakes!
If you love these pancakes as much as I did then share them with your loved ones by multiplying the recipe per person. When I was living in New York I made this recipe for my friends, Katie
and Stephanie, and they loved it more than regular pancakes!