20 Lessons from my 20s
I remember exactly how I felt when I turned 20: I felt free, bold and expressive. I was eager to explore the world beyond what I had seen. I knew it would be a time where I would learn and develop the most as a person because of the transition from college to career. One of the most memorable things to come out of my 20s was Happily Pink!
Over the past decade, I experienced several blessings and opportunities of growth. There were also many hardships and lessons to be learned. But, when I look back on all of it, I appreciate how everything molded me into the person I am now.
- Have faith and believe in yourself.
- Stop bending over backwards for others who won’t appreciate it.
- Your job does not define you.
- Take care of yourself first.
- Some friends come and go, even when you are selective.
- Keep those who legitimately care about you close to your heart.
- People will do their best to find a flaw.
- Not everyone is kind or has good intentions.
- Partying was a phase.
- Be your best self: don’t hold back because of the insecurities of others.
- We only have so much time.
- Be you and love yourself.
- Ask for help.
- Tucson is a wonderful community.
- Enjoy quality not quantity.
- Work culture does matter.
- Talk less and listen more.
- Don’t suppress your negative emotions.
- Marriage is the best thing ever!
- Let go and let God.
Sometimes being in difficult situations enables the greatest successes.
Over the next 20 weeks, I look forward to breaking down each of my 20